2.26.2011

Calling all Soda Jerks!

Have you ever wanted to go back in time to, say the 40’s or 50’s? Have you ever thought about the old soda fountains they used to  have in corner drugstores? Oh, I have. My grandparents live in a small town in South Carolina, and they have  a drugstore there with a soda fountain and they make the best milkshakes you can ever taste there, right in front of you as you sit at the counter… not to mention the hotdogs.

Anyway, I came across a recipe not too long ago that I just had to try, and I’ve been trying to come up with reasons to try it out. I finally got to yesterday as I hosted a bachelorette party at my house.

Chocolate soda. Yes. I know, it sounds … funny. Some may even think it sounds gross. But I assure you, it is not gross. It’s a little different,  but it’s still … good.

SONY DSC

All you need is some chocolate syrup, some club soda, a fun straw, and if you want – vanilla ice cream! Pour the chocolate syrup in the bottom of the glass (however much you prefer- it’s up to you!), and then pour some of the club soda in. Mix it up and put your ice cream scoops in, stick a straw in it, and enjoy!

Yum!

SONY DSC

PS – I wasn’t calling you all jerks! That’s what the people were called who would operate the soda fountains! So bring out that inner Soda Jerk and try something new! You might like it, who knows?

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Back when I was in high school I worked at sonic and some of the orders for drinks were really crazy. One that I heard sounded like it could be good was chocolate coke. And.... it is soooo good. It became my favorite drink while working there. Looking back.... I probably had a meals worth of calories in a drink. LOL

Post a Comment