3.20.2010

Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake

Peanut Butter + Chocolate = Divine, right?



I thought so.


This recipe isn't so much about the cupcake, again. It's about what's inside the cupcake. Yes, I did say "inside".



Okay, calm down. This is what you need:

1 box Devils Food cake mix, and all the ingredients on the back.
- Go ahead and prepare this as directed, and bake as directed for cupcakes.
1 container of chocolate frosting
----------
For the peanut butter frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
2 cups confectioners' sugar

While your cupcakes are baking, whip up your peanut butter frosting:
Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.
(http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fluffy-Peanut-Butter-Frosting/Detail.aspx)



Prepare your icing bag, or if you're like me, your cupcake decorating kit. Attach a Bismarck tip. Bismarck tips are long ... they look like this:



Fill your bag or decorator with your peanut butter frosting. When your cupcakes have cooled off some, you can get started filling and frosting. Here's what you do. Take your cupcake and insert your Bismarck tip about an inch in and squeeze your frosting out. Do it until the frosting comes out of the hole on top. There was one cupcake that I didn't get filled the whole way:



Anyway, your cupcakes will look something like this when you're done:



Once you've gotten all that done, take your chocolate frosting and spread a thin layer of frosting onto the cupcakes with a knife:



Next you need to switch out your Bismarck tip for your Star tip:



Refill your bag or decorator with the peanut butter frosting. Now you'll only want to put a dollop of frosting in the center of your cupcakes.



You're finished! Enjoy!


5 comments:

Micah said...

Those look really, really good! I might have to make some soon!

Kristen said...

I am bringing some to Memphis!

Sabrina said...

These look oh so delicious! I bought everything I need and am making them very soon! I can already taste it. Me and my friend are suckers for peanut butter, so I'm sure these aren't going to last long!! For Matts birthday I made some chocolate cupcakes with cream in the middle they were so good, but I think these will be better! Thanks!

Kristen said...

You're welcome!! I hope they turn out as fantastic as ours did!! Enjoy!

Kelly said...

These look amazing!!!!

Post a Comment